Ball Size 4
- Number: Nine per team on field; one of which is a goalkeeper.
- Substitutions: Between periods, at halftime and for injuries.
- Playing time: Desire is a minimum of three quarters of play per kid if numbers allow...minimum of two periods per game. No player shall play four quarters until everyone has played three.
- Teams: Separate girls and boys teams should be promoted at all levels of play.
- Footwear: Soft-cleated soccer shoes or tennis shoes.
- Shinguards: MANDATORY for both practices and games, and must be covered entirely by socks.
- Referee The referee must be a certified regional referee or above.
Duration of Game
- Four 15-minute periods.
- Halftime break of 5–10 minutes.
No other changes from play as specified in FIFA Laws of the Game Printed for the American Youth Soccer Organization.